Noel Magee-Salem HQ
Micki Varney-Salem HQ
James Reed-Salem HQ
What: Bargaining with the state over our next contract (which runs from July 2015 – June 2019 for non economic and 2015-17, 2017-19 for wages and healthcare contribution)
What we bargain:
- Wages (Salary increases, differential pay, overtime) – Cost of living increases is bargained every two years
- Work schedules – bargained every four years
- Safety and Health issues – bargained every four years
- Union Rights & Management Rights
What we don’t bargain:
- Medical benefits, HEM (negotiated by PEBB Board)
- PERS (negotiated by PERS Board; affected by Legislators)
When & Where: Actual bargaining begins ~January 2017. Prior to that, members fill out the Bargaining Surveys or attend a conference (for the two year Economic only bargaining) ~January 2017 to let the union know what’s important to them. Bargaining usually takes place in Salem.
Who: Elected bargaining delegates throughout the state. Bargaining coalitions
See the featured post on the Home page for the latest updates.